In Part 1 of our Series on Knocked The F*ck Out and Drink Sleep Grow - Sleep And Recovery, we looked at recovery, sleep, and the Circadian Rhythm. We saw how all of these factors are interrelated. In Part 2, we’ll look at the negative effects of a poor night's sleep. Plus, we take a look at the innovative 5% lineup of Knocked The F*ck Out and Drink Sleep Grow. Let’s get going!
How Lack Of Sleep Affects Recovery
A poor night’s sleep, or several of them, can have numerous undesirable results. (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Elevated Cortisol - This is the destructive hormone that’s released in response to stress, including physical stress. High cortisol is the last thing you want if gains are your goal.
- Lower Hormone Levels - Specifically, testosterone and GH, two very important metabolically positive natural hormones.
- Increased Potential For Fat Gain - When you don’t sleep well, both your hunger hormones and natural GH production are negatively affected. This leads to unwanted fat gain.
- Insulin Resistance - People with good insulin sensitivity tend to store more glucose in their muscles for energy. This, in turn, means less will be potentially stored as body fat.
However, research has shown that just one night of poor sleep can lead to insulin resistance in otherwise healthy individuals.
- Decreased Mental Performance - Lack of sleep affects alertness and decision-making.
- Decreased Physical Performance - A poor night’s sleep reduces physical performance.
- Increased Risk Of Illness - As noted, physical performance is affected by lack of sleep. This leads to an increased potential for injury.
Get A Great Night’s Sleep With 5% Nutrition Knocked The F*ck Out!
This powerful natural sleep aid combines herbs, amino acids, and natural ingredients that work together to help you relax and fall into a deep, restorative sleep. This outstanding formula includes 13 impressive ingredients, such as GABA, Melatonin, Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Passionflower, Tryptophan, and more.
GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is an inhibitory brain neurotransmitter that blocks certain brain signals, thereby decreasing nervous system activity. When GABA attaches to a GABA receptor, it produces a calming effect. This can ease feelings of stress and anxiety which help you fall asleep faster. (5, 6)
Another stand-out ingredient in Knocked The F*ck Out is melatonin. We mentioned the Circadian Rhythm in Part 1. Melatonin is a natural hormone that is involved in the sleep/wake cycle. As a supplement, melatonin is an excellent natural sleep aid and helps signal to the body that it’s time to go to sleep. (7)
As you can see, Knocked The F*ck Out is an advanced natural sleep aid. It’s a generously dosed powder that comes in three delicious flavors: Honey Lemon Tea, Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate. Are you experiencing mild insomnia? Or do you simply want improved sleep quality? Then it’s time to add Knocked The F*ck Out to your supplement arsenal.
5% Nutrition Drink Sleep Grow - Sleep And Protein Synthesis
Drink Sleep Grow is more than a sleep aid. It’s also a powerful source of leucine, the BCAA that’s the primary trigger of protein synthesis. Yet this is not just any leucine, it’s the revolutionary Active TR™ L-Leucine. This is time-released leucine, so you get your dose gradually during the night. What this means is optimal protein synthesis stimulation. Active TR™ is part of a 6g BCAA complex.
Next, there’s a GH complex. GH is, of course, one of the body’s most powerful natural hormones. Before we continue, let’s briefly define hormones. Technically, they are a “molecule that is secreted into the extracellular fluid, circulates in the bloodstream and carries or communicates regulatory messages throughout the body”. (8) Hormones are part of the body’s Endocrine System and are chemical messengers. They carry specific messages to target receptors, which results in a specific action. Now, the thing to remember about GH is that 70% of your body’s production occurs at night.
Next up are two amino blends, one’s an EAA Blend, the other a blend supporting CEAAs. Finally, there’s a Joint Support Blend to help you stay healthy.
There’s no doubt sleep is one of the primary keys to recovery. If you suffer from a lack of sleep, especially consistently, you risk short-circuiting your recovery potential. Perhaps you sleep well but feel your sleep quality could improve. Either way, Knocked The Fu*ck Out and Drink Sleep Grow are two of the most advanced natural sleep aids on the market. Each one targets sleep differently, and both are very effective. Whichever one you choose, expect to get a great night’s sleep thanks to 5% Nutrition!
- Dattilo, M. et al. Sleep and muscle recovery: Endocrinological and molecular basis for a new and promising hypothesis. Medical Hypotheses, 2011. 77: 220–222.
- Spiegel, K. et al. Impact of sleep debt on physiological rhythms. Revue Neurologique, 2003. 159(11):6S11-20.
- West, D. et al. Anabolic Processes in Human Skeletal Muscle: Restoring the Identities of Growth Hormone and Testosterone. The Physician and Sportsmedicine, 2010. 38(3):97-104.
- Donga, E., van Dijk, M., van Dijk, J. G., Biermasz, N. R., Lammers, G.-J., van Kralingen, K. W., Romijn, J. A. (2010). A single night of partial sleep deprivation induces insulin resistance in multiple metabolic pathways in healthy subjects. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 95(6), 2963–2968. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2009-2430
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): What It Is, Function & Benefits (clevelandclinic.org)
- Cavagnini, F., Invitti, C., Pinto, M., Maraschini, C., Di, A., Dubini, A., & Marelli, A. (1980, February). Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7376786
- The Role of Melatonin in the Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake ... (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/sleep-disorders/role-melatonin-circadian-rhythm-sleep-wake-cycle
- Biology by Campbell and Reece, p.975, 977, & 932