As any 5%er knows, gains are what it’s all about. You’re after the most gains possible. You’ve put a lot of time and effort into all aspects of your program. Of course, you follow the right nutritional guidelines to gain muscle. No doubt you’ve put a lot of thought into your training program. Plus, you’ve nailed recovery. Not to mention, your 5% supplement arsenal is solid. But what about digestion? Are you really digesting all your meals and supplements? In this article, we’ll look at digestive enzymes and probiotics. Finally, we’ll see how Digestive Defender helps your gains.
The Digestive System
Before we do anything, let’s define a few key concepts. (1)
- Digestive System - The organs, including the stomach and intestines, that are involved in the breakdown of food in the body.
- Gut Microbiome - Bacteria, viruses, and fungi are called microorganisms, or microbes.
Most of the microbes in your intestines are found in an area of the large intestine known as the cecum. This is also known as the gut microbiome.
- Probiotics - These are healthy bacteria that mainly live in your gut microbiome. There are literally trillions of microorganisms, or microbes, in your gut.
- Digestive Enzymes - Digestive enzymes are globular proteins that help your body break down food molecules. They do this by speeding up the chemical reactions. These reactions turn nutrients from food and supplements into compounds your GI tract can absorb and use.
How Probiotics Help Your Gains?
By helping the body digest protein, probiotics enhance protein synthesis. In addition, probiotics provide healthy bacteria that support gut health and immune system health. One of the most overlooked aspects of muscle growth is the fact that fundamental good health is essential for optimal progress. (2)
How Digestive Enzymes Help Your Gains
Digestive enzymes allow you to get the important nutrients (amino acids, carbohydrates, fatty acids, vitamins, minerals) from food and supplements. Without digestive enzymes, you wouldn’t be able to absorb these nutrients. This could lead to nutrient deficiencies and poor health. In cases where your body might not synthesize enough natural digestive enzymes, a good digestive formula such as Digestive Defender can make all the difference. (3)
Digestive Enzymes And Protein Absorption
When it comes to digestion and gains, the focus must turn to protein absorption. That’s because protein is directly involved in muscle growth. This is largely because of leucine, the amino acid directly responsible for triggering protein synthesis.
In food and protein powder, leucine is peptide-bound to other amino acids. To increase leucine levels in your body, they must be released through digestion. At this point, they need to be absorbed into your bloodstream. This is a time-consuming process that can be handled more effectively with digestive enzymes. We’ve seen that probiotics support protein synthesis. Digestive enzymes also support this process by ensuring complete digestion of protein foods and supplements. (4, 5)
5% Nutrition Digestive Defender contains digestive enzymes and probiotics. By taking Digestive Defender with your protein meals and 5% protein supplements, you’ll get higher levels of amino acids, such as leucine, in your blood. That means you’ll have more amino acids available to your muscles. Of course, that’s critical for making the most of your protein.
Another point about protein absorption. Not all the protein you consume is available for gains. The protein you’re taking in is also required for other tasks in the body. That means a couple of things.
First, you want to be sure you’re consuming enough protein every day. Don’t skimp or miss a meal. Depend on 5% protein supplements to meet your daily requirements!
Second, help ensure optimal protein absorption by spreading out your protein consumption evenly throughout your day. Proper timing of your protein meals and 5% protein supplements, combined with the power of Digestive Defender, will provide maximum protein absorption.
Check Out 5% Digestive Defender!
Digestion is the final step in optimizing your performance. To that end, Digestive Defender helps break down all your macronutrients, not only protein. Plus, it helps you digest and absorb your 5% supplements for complete utilization of the nutrients you need for optimal results.
Check out these impressive formulas:
This is a probiotic and prebiotic formula. We’ve defined probiotics. A prebiotic supports the growth of healthy bacteria.
SL14™ Probiotics Blend - SL14™ is a clinically researched blend of probiotics that contains 14 unique strains. Included are Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus fermentum, and Lactobacillus rhamnosus, to name a few.
Fructooligosaccharides (Nutraflora® FB P-95) - This branded ingredient provides 95% of pure short-chain fructooligosaccharides that support healthy bacteria in your digestive tract. (6)
Xylooligosaccharide (PreticX(®) - This branded ingredient also helps increase bifidobacteria in the colon. This supports gut health and normal metabolism. (7)
Gut Health Blend
This Blend includes:
Ginger Root Extract - Ginger supports digestion, helps ease indigestion and stomach upset. (8)
Licorice Root Extract 4:1 - Like Ginger, Licorice helps ease an upset stomach. (9)
Peppermint Powder - This ingredient helps ease bloating, gas and indigestion. (10)
Digestive Enzymes contains 7 Blends. Let’s take a brief look at each one.
Dynamic Digestion Blend
Betaine Hydrochloride - This ingredient promotes normal protein digestion, normal gastric pH and improves mineral and vitamin absorption. (11)
Ox Bile - The body uses bile to help break down fat and support the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
Protein Breakdown Blend
This Blend consists of:
Protease - This is an enzyme group that breaks down protein. (12)
Bromelain - This is another enzyme group that aids protein digestion. (13)
Pancreatin - This enzyme helps break down protein, carbohydrates, and fats. (14)
Papain - This is another enzyme that helps break down protein into smaller particles to be used by the body. (15)
Amylase - This is a digestive enzyme that helps break down carbohydrates for complete digestion and absorption. (16)
Lipase - This enzyme breaks down fats into water-soluble compounds. This helps ensure the effective use of fats in the body. (17)
Cellulase – This enzyme is a complex carbohydrate that helps break down dietary fiber into polysaccharides. (18)
Milk Sugar (Lactose) Breakdown
Lactase - This enzyme helps the body digest milk sugar by breaking down lactose into simpler compounds. (19)
Digest Best Blend
Finally, this blend works synergistically to enhance digestion and relieve digestive issues. It includes Ginger Root, Turmeric Powder, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne Pepper Fruit Extract, and Artichoke Leaf Powder.
Get 5% Nutrition Digestive Defender and get the most out of your nutritional plan and 5% supplement program!
✝These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Glossary Terms — Science Learning Hub
- Probiotic-Muscle Study - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
- Digestive enzymes — Science Learning Hub
- Leucine Health benefits, dosage, safety, side-effects, and more | Supplements - Examine
- What Is Protein Synthesis. (2015, December 27). Retrieved May 02, 2017, from http://www.proteinsynthesis.org/what-is-protein-synthesis/
- NUTRAFLORA® FB P-95 - 111002 (ingredion.com)
- Ingredients By Function / AIDP
- 11 Health Benefits of Ginger: Effect on Nausea, the Brain & More (healthline.com)
- Licorice Root: Benefits, Uses, Precautions, and Dosage (healthline.com)
- 12 Science-Backed Benefits of Peppermint Tea and Extracts (healthline.com)
- What Is Betaine: 11 Amazing Health Benefits of Betaine HCl (findatopdoc.com)
- What are the Medical Uses of Ox Bile? (with pictures) (infobloom.com)
- Protease - Wikipedia
- Bromelain: Dosage, Benefits, and Side Effects (healthline.com)
- Pancreatin Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com
- Papain: Benefits, Side Effects, and More (healthline.com)
- The Health Benefits of Amylase (globalhealing.com)
- What Is Cellulose and Is It Safe to Eat? (healthline.com)
- LACTASE: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews (webmd.com)