When it comes to your supplements, you want only the most effective ingredients. That’s why 5% Nutrition put PrimaVie® Purified Shilajit in our innovative TEST Test Booster. PrimaVie is a somewhat complex ingredient, meaning it has quite a few active ingredients. Yet the bottom line is its impact on free testosterone. Check out this edition of Ingredient Spotlight: PrimaVie Purified Shilajit to find out more!
What Is PrimaVie Purified Shilajit?
PrimaVie Shilajit is a sap-like substance from the Himalayas with extended use in Ayurvedic medicine. Shilajit contains several active ingredients, including Fulvic Acid, Dibenzo-A-Pyrones (DBPs), and DBP-Chromoproteins (DCP). It also has over 40 different minerals.(1)
The Benefits Of PrimaVie
Increases Levels Of Free Testosterone
As much as 98% of the testosterone circulating in your body is “bound”. Simply put, that means it’s unavailable for muscle growth. The remaining 2% is free, or “available” testosterone; which means it can be used for muscle growth. This is critical. Why? Because to be effective, a good test booster has to focus on making the most of free testosterone.
Research has suggested that PrimaVie Purified Shilajit promotes increased levels of free testosterone and total testosterone.(2)
Promotes Retention Of Muscular Strength
This refers to the ability of PrimaVie to help you retain strength after a fatigue-producing event. In other words, research suggests that even after several intense sets, PrimaVie Purified Shilajit helps you maintain strength. That means you can train with maximal strength for a longer period of time.(1)
Supports Cognitive Health
One of the primary components of PrimaVie Purified Shilajit is fulvic acid, an antioxidant. This powerful compound supports cognitive health by preventing the accumulation of tau protein. These proteins are part of your nervous system, and they are important. Yet a buildup may have negative effects. Researchers think that the fulvic acid in Shilajit may slow tau protein buildup.(3)
Supports Immune System Health
As an antioxidant, the fulvic acid in PrimaVie Purified Shilajit helps fight free radicals, promotes improved immune defense, and helps reduce inflammation.
What Is The Accepted Dose Of PrimaVie Purified Shilajit?
The typical total daily dose of Shilajit is up to 250 mg, but you will find it in doses up to 500 mg. Of course, 5% doses it to the max.
The 5% Nutrition Products That Contain PrimaVie Purified Shilajit
TEST Test Booster - Our innovative test booster contains a huge 500 mg of PrimaVie. 5% Nutrition TEST Test Booster is a complete formula that combines key ingredients designed to work together to boost levels of free testosterone, inhibit estrogen, and block cortisol. These impressive ingredients include Fenugreek, Longjack, Boron, and DIM. Plus, it’s all tied together with Black Pepper Extract for optimal absorption. Take your results further with our exclusive “Buy 4 Core Supplements and Save 20%” deal! You’ll boost testosterone even more with Core D-Aspartic Acid and Core ZMA. From there, you have your pick. We suggest Core Creatine Monohydrate and Core L-Glutamine 5000. While you’re here, stock up on all your favorite 5% products!
- Keller, J. L., Housh, T. J., Hill, E. C., Smith, C. M., Schmidt, R. J., & Johnson, G. O. (2019). The effects of Shilajit supplementation on fatigue-induced decreases in muscular strength and serum hydroxyproline levels. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 16(1), 3. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-019-0270-2
- Pandit, S., Biswas, S., Jana, U., De, R. K., Mukhopadhyay, S. C., & Biswas, T. K. (2016). Clinical evaluation of purified Shilajit on testosterone levels in healthy volunteers. Andrologia, 48(5), 570–575. https://doi.org/10.1111/and.12482
- Shilajit: Benefits, Side Effects, and More (healthline.com)