Ingredient Spotlight: GlycerSize™ 65% Glycerol Powder
It’s indisputable that getting insane pumps is a major goal of most 5%ers when they hit the gym. Of course, you have a lot of supplements that can help. One of the most impressive, and one that 5% saw the value in right away, is glycerol. We’ve included the branded version, GlycerSize™, in products such as Kill It Reloaded and Full As F*ck. We’ll tell you everything you need to know in this (it’s our first!) edition of Ingredient Spotlight: GlycerSize™ 65% Glycerol Powder.
Glycerol - What It Is & What It Does
Glycerol is a sugar alcohol that acts as the “backbone” of triglycerides. It’s also an osmolyte that builds up in all body fluids, except the eyes and brain. This increases the total water volume in the body. The body can also use it as an energy substrate and may promote training energy when consumed in large amounts.(1,2)
As a supplement, glycerol is rapidly absorbed by the body and distributed among the body’s fluid compartments. Then it’s metabolized by the kidneys and liver. If glycerol is consumed along with a large amount of water, your body retains that fluid. This, of course, leads to greater cell volume or water-based pumps. Plus, this creates a state of “hyperhydration” which benefits hard-training bodybuilders and athletes, especially endurance athletes.(3)
What Is GlycerSize™?
Formerly known as GlycerPump™, the branded ingredient GlycerSize™ is a stable type of glycerol powder that yields 65% glycerol content. The transporter for this form of glycerol is silicon dioxide. What sets GlycerSize™ apart is the method of spray-drying. It’s designed to create stability with no clumping.
The Benefits Of GlycerSize™
Glycerol has become a popular ingredient in pre-workout and pump supplements. Here are its benefits.(3,4,5,6,7)
- Increases Cell Volume (Water-Based Pumps)
- Enhances Hydration
- Lowers Thermal Effects Of Exercise In Hot Temperatures
- Extends Endurance
- Improves Performance
- Lowers Urine Output
It’s clear, the benefits of GlycerSize™ go far beyond increasing cell volume.
What Is The Accepted Dose Of Glycerol?
The standard dosing ranges between 2-3g in most pre-workout and pump supplements. Some companies sell glycerol powder in doses up to 10g, and there are liquid versions that go up to 23g.
Nitric Oxide & Water-Based Pumps
Of course, the pump is the “Holy Grail” of bodybuilding. What’s more exciting than looking in the mirror during your workout and seeing massive, engorged muscles? But wait a minute, the pump is not merely cosmetic. We’ve already seen the benefits of GlycerSize™. Many pump-based supplements play off these benefits and include other osmolytes, such as betaine, taurine and creatine.
Plus, these pump formulas include nitric oxide boosters. Besides promoting huge pumps, N.O. boosters also increase nutrient delivery to the muscles, improve endurance, and promote muscle growth. It’s the combination of both kinds of pump-boosting ingredients that can make a big difference in your workout success.(8)
The 5% Nutrition Products That Contain GlycerSize™
Full As F*ck
You will find 2g of GlycerSize™ 65% Glycerol Powder per serving in our exceptional pump pre-workout. Full As F*ck is stim-free, so you can use it alone or add it to any 5% Nutrition pre-workout for insane nitric oxide and water-based pumps.
Kill It Reloaded
Our powerful yet balanced pre-workout features 3g of GlycerSize™ 65% Glycerol Powder. You can combine Full As F*ck and Kill It Reloaded for a solid 5g dose.
Legendary Maui Twist Kit: Blackout Edition
This incredible Limited Edition Kit includes Kill It Reloaded and Full As F*ck for a powerful 5g total GlycerSize™.
Core L-Citrulline 3000
Our exciting Core line features products with a primary ingredient and a supporting ingredient. In this case, there’s 3g of the potent nitric oxide booster L- Citrulline, with 500mg of GlycerSize™ as support.
When it comes to great pumps, GlyzerSize™ is one of the best supplement choices. You’ll find a powerful osmotic compound that can be used alone or with any combination of other osmolytes and nitric oxide boosters for crazy pumps. Of course, 5% Nutrition has some great choices. Stop by and stock up today!
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (2023). PubChem Compound Summary for CID 753, Glycerol. Retrieved February 13, 2023 from https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Glycerol.
- Results for 'glycerol' - Examine
- Patlar, S., Yalçin, H., & Boyali, E. (2012). The effect of glycerol supplements on aerobic and anaerobic performance of athletes and sedentary subjects. Journal of human kinetics, 34, 69–79. https://doi.org/10.2478/v10078-012-0065-x
- Nelson, J. L., & Robergs, R. A. (2007). Exploring the potential ergogenic effects of glycerol hyperhydration. Sports medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 37(11), 981–1000. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200737110-00005
- van Rosendal, S. P., Osborne, M. A., Fassett, R. G., & Coombes, J. S. (2010). Guidelines for glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration associated with exercise. Sports medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 40(2), 113–129. https://doi.org/10.2165/11530760-000000000-00000
- Lyons, T. P., Riedesel, M. L., Meuli, L. E., & Chick, T. W. (1990). Effects of glycerol-induced hyperhydration prior to exercise in the heat on sweating and core temperature. Medicine and science in sports and exercise, 22(4), 477–483.
- Montner, P., Stark, D. M., Riedesel, M. L., Murata, G., Robergs, R., Timms, M., & Chick, T. W. (1996). Pre-exercise glycerol hydration improves cycling endurance time. International journal of sports medicine, 17(1), 27–33. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-972804